Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Day 1



I arrived from NY via Frankfurt on Lufthansa. The flight was o.k., non-eventful, but very long. Luckily the flight from Frankfurt to Cairo was empty, so I spread out and slept. I was met at the airport by a Contiki rep ( I already had my visa, but you can purchase it at the airport if you need to) and it was a quick process through customs.

The ride from the airport to the hotel was about 20 minutes. The hotel was the oasis hotel near the pyramids, but not close enough that you can get there easily. It is quite far from Cairo and if it wasnt part of the package, I wouldnt have chosen to stay there. But, the hotel was nice enough. I got there one day earlier than the tour started and was glad I did. I was so tired from the trip over, that I used that day to sit by the pool and catch up on sleep. The pool is nice and the breakfast buffet was good also.

That night we were to meet each other in a "welcome get-together". Our guide, Sherif, told us what to expect for our trip. There were around 20 people on our tour. Nice mix of people....mostly singles, a few couples and a few friends. We had dinner that night at the hotel and got to know each other a little bit better. It was an early night, though, because we had a very early wake up the next day.....

No comments: